Notes on the Application Process
Before applying, please carefully read the following information. If you agree to the conditions detailed below, we look forward to receiving your application.
6 days (Tuesday to Sunday) ¥60,000
*Student discount ¥40,000
Rental Gallery Usage Conditions
Solo / group exhibition, etc., all ideas are welcome.
Please bring reference materials (artwork photographs / curatorial statement) to us for consultation.
An exhibition involving only the first floor gallery carries a fee of ¥60,000 for a 6 day period (Tuesday through Sunday). (student discount of ¥40,000)
An exhibition involving the entire facility for 6 days (Tuesday through Sunday) would carry a different fee dependent on the particular situation. If residents are present at that time their permission would be required as well.
* Cancellation fee: Within 1 week of opening day, 50%; Within 3 days of opening day, 100%.
Usage Period and Gallery Hours
Usage period is generally 6 days, Tuesday through Sunday(closed on Mondays)
Gallery hours are 11am through 7pm
* Feel free to contact us regarding periods greater than one week.
Statement of Intent / Information
- The exhibition organizer must submit a statement of intent for the exhibition at least 2 weeks before the desired period would begin.
- The statement of intent may be passed on to newspapers, magazines, museum personnel etc. (postage fee will be paid by Yosuga Art Space)
- For similar PR purposes, the organizer must submit reference information 1 month before the exhibition opening date. (proposal images, written comments, resume etc.)
Exhibition Installation / Deinstallation
- Exhibition organizer will please perform installation and deinstallation.
- Holes in the wall larger than the size of a pin are not allowed. (e.g. hooks / wire / d-rings and other sorts of hardware must be used to hang pictures instead of screws and nails)
- Organization and disposal of packaging are the responsibility of the exhibition organizer.
Protection of Artwork
Monitoring and protection of artwork is the responsibility of the organizer.
Yosuga Art Space bears no responsibility for damage incurred to artwork during the installation and deinstallation period.
Right of Use
Use of the space for a purpose other than the stated purpose, subleasing the space, and other transfer of usage rights are prohibited.
Please submit a list of works, titles, and prices at the time of installation.
In the event of a sale of artwork, Yosuga Art Space will receive 10% of the retail value.
Exhibition Photography and Documentation
Yosuga Art Space will maintain a photographic and written record of the exhibition in our archive and on this website. Participation implies agreement to be photographed and have those images made public.
In the event of a party associated with the exhibition, the adjoining SAKE-bar Yosuga may be used as well. Please consult with us regarding a potential cooperation.